Thanks to everyone who made this possible!
Not only I'm happy because I got accepted as a GSOC student, but because I'm doing the internship here in Dreamwidth, and most of all because my mentor is denise
, who introduced me to Dreamwidth (other mentors don't take this personal, I would have loved to work with everyone of them, and I know I'll still have your help).
I also want to congratulate the other students and most of all cheer up everyone who didn't got selected. 3 friends of mine didn't get selected for GSOC this year :(. You can also work on your spare time as a volunteer, the experience you gain will certainly give you an edge for next year!
So, what's next?
Here's my plan for the community bonding period (until May 24):
- Discuss project goals with my mentor
- Learn Perl and the intricacies of Dreamwidth
- Getting to know the polling system on Dreamwidth
- Solving Bug 28
- that should give me enough knowledge about the database tables and relationships concerning polls
- Do a report (with the help of my mentor) clearly stating the project goals, deliverables and schedule, that should serve as an evaluating guide and a progress tracker.
I can't even wait to start (for now, lots of studying and working for faculty projects...)